Canada Day is Friday, July 1, and across the country there will be celebrations. Safely enjoy your day off by keeping in mind the following tips:
- Stay cool. Canada Day activities may keep you outside for the entire day. As such, it’s important to protect yourself from the sun and heat. Be sure to wear sunscreen, a hat, sunglasses, and light-colored and loose clothing. Also, stay hydrated throughout the day.
- Drive cautiously. It is likely that more drivers will be on the road during Canada Day. It is also possible that some of these drivers may have been drinking throughout the day. Practice defensive driving at all times, and ensure that you remain attentive on the road.
- Practice firework safety. Fireworks are a staple of Canada Day; however, they can be dangerous in certain situations. Only purchase fireworks from reputable sources. In addition, fireworks should only ever be used by people over the age of 18, unless otherwise specified on the packaging.
- Drink responsibly. Setting clear limits for yourself in terms of enjoying alcoholic beverages on Canada Day can help you avoid many health and safety risks. Drink slowly and never have more than two drinks in a three-hour period. It’s always wise to alternate alcoholic drinks with a glass of water to avoid dehydration. Above all, plan how you are getting home ahead of time, and avoid drinking and driving at all costs.
- Make sure children are supervised at all times. During the commotion of Canada Day events, it can be easy to lose track of young children. Keep a close eye on young children and instruct them to stay put and wait for you to find them if you get separated.
This information on website called Cornerstone Insurance Brokers go to the link here