- 1 (10 pound) whole turkey, neck and giblets optional
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup water, or as needed
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).
- Season turkey with salt and pepper and place, breast-side down, in a roaster; add neck and giblets. Pour water into pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven, basting as needed, until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 6 hours.
- An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Continue to roast until meat falls off the bone if desired.
This recipe is on website called allrecipes.com go to the link here